It’s that time of year again. Spring is in the air and the flowers are blooming so that means it is time to start submitting scripts for your favorite playwriting festival – the Rosedale Community Players (RCP) One Act Fest! This will be the 5th year of the festival and we want your submissions to make this the best one yet!
So, what’s the deal? How does this work? When do these shows go up? All very good questions. And here are your answers:
- We’re now accepting one-act submissions of any length, genre, style, etc.
- All submissions are due by the end of May 8, 2015.
- We typically select 5-7 scripts to be performed on 4 nights the weekend after Labor Day.
- We’ll hold auditions in June, with rehearsals running as needed up until performances.
Performances will tentatively be the following dates @ Peace Lutheran Church in Southfield, on 13 Mile between Southfield and Greenfield Roads:
- Thursday, September 10 @ 8pm
- Friday, September 11 @ 8pm
- Saturday, September 12 @ 2pm
- Saturday, September 12 @ 8pm
- Plays must be original works (previously produced works are OK, first-time seeing the light of the stage is even better).
- Minimal set / set dressing requirements preferred – we will be performing all works in a black box setting.
- We prefer casts of 6 or fewer, but a large cast size will not in itself be grounds to reject a piece.
- Multiple submissions are OK and encouraged! We love when writers write.
- Writer participation in rehearsal process is encouraged but not required. We encourage submissions that are in “workshop” mode as this festival is a great opportunity for writers to develop the pieces with the help of performers by attending rehearsals and tweaking as you go.
Questions and submissions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.